By Heidi H. from
East Tawas, Michigan on November 30, 2017
I would recommend this item to a friend.
I love my 6x6x6 Shed, but the 8x8x8 Instructions are absolutely horrible. These are my comments:
I have the XXX 703 XXX 704 shown as the top left and right edges for the 8x8x8. The instructions seem to say that the front to middle ribs should be the same as the bottom to middle ridges. But from what I understand by the instructions the parts I received, it looks like the front rib left and right tops are 703 x 704, but when looking at the instructions, the bottom front to right ribs are 704 x 704 (and the only reason I can figure this is because of the A figure on page 6 that shows the 704 being connected to another 704.So it appears to me that the rear end of the side rails on both sides should be 704 x 704)
Are the back ribs on the top side rails 703 x 704 in the front and 704 x 704 on the back? From the instructions it appears that the front and back ribs should be attached to the middle in reverse (ie if the attachment from the middle to the back rib is 703 X 704, the attachment to the front rib should be 704 x 703 (each side being reversed).
It seems that the two Side Cross Rails (page 5, image A) only applies to the front rib and not the back rib. It looks like the back rib should be 704 x 704 instead of 703 x 704.
I'd love to see a new PDF or even more so love to charge Shelter Logic with updating the manual instructions for the 8x8x8 PDF. I only hope that what I think is correct (no matter how convoluted) might make as much sense as the 6x6x6 which I've already purchased and was easily put together.
- Awesome for winter; good for my motor scooter which I use in the winter; good wind resistance when I have 2 sides that are out of the wind; sturdy construction; doesn't move during the wind; no wind/rain/snow deterioration during the year (I live in Michigan).
- When I realized I had a missing pipe, customer service was extremely nice and helpful sending me that missing part.
- I can't say enough about the 6x6x6, but I also have wind resistance on two sides.
- If they can get an updated instruction manual that would make my rating 100%.
- Instructions are horrible especially when comparing the left side attachment to the middle rim and the right side attachment. It appears that the attachments should be mirrored, but the top "side rails" are different between the back and the front. The instruction manual should be updated and for a fee, I am willing to make those instructions :)
- The website hasn't been updated to provide more detailed instructions. It will probably take putting most of the frame together to see whether or not the instructions are accurate.
- I'm afraid that it's going to take my putting the whole frame together until I realize if the front and back "side rails" should be the same or different. If they're not supposed to be what I'm assuming they should be then I'm going to have to wait to get replacement parts.